With a commitment to ongoing, sustainable economic and human development, the SEB Program helps Louisiana’s small businesses
As a small business owner, you are probably focusing a great deal of your efforts and resources on growth, both for your company and your own professional development. While seeking out opportunities to help grow your business, it’s important to know that help is available from the State of Louisiana and your local community.
Here at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center we have recently expanded our outreach to owners of small and emerging businesses through our involvement in the state’s Small and Emerging Business Program (SEB).
If you own this type of business, we would like to increase your access to the purchasing and contracting opportunities available at the Convention Center. You can also join a continually expanding database of certified businesses through the Louisiana’s Hudson Initiative for greater access to purchasing and contracting opportunities at the state government level.
What Is the SEB?
The Convention Center is committed to helping small and emerging businesses succeed by working with local vendors for the purchase of goods and services they need. To take advantage of this commitment, we encourage businesses to obtain a Small Entrepreneurship (SE)/Hudson Initiative Certification from the Department of Louisiana Economic Development (LED).
Here’s a glimpse of some of the current opportunities for small businesses directly associated with the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center:
- Replacement of HVAC Chiller Pumps (Chilled Water and Condenser Water)
- Replacement of Cooling Tower Piping Supports
- Procurement of Employee Uniforms
- Procurement of Janitorial Supplies
- Procurement of Metal Detectors
- Furnish & Install Video Wall
- Procurement of Side Stacker
- Provide Elevator & Escalator Maintenance Services
- Procurement of Access Printers & Badges
You can see more opportunities here.
What Is Hudson Initiative Certification?
Louisiana’s Hudson Initiative is a certification program designed to help eligible Louisiana small businesses gain greater access to purchasing and contracting opportunities at the state government level. Once you are certified, your contact and business information will be accessible to state purchasing officials looking for contractors. Certification also allows you to view and bid on jobs available through a number of resources (see below).
Who Is Eligible?
Businesses must meet the following Small Entrepreneurship (SE) requirements:
- Your principal place of business must be in Louisiana.
- Owners must have Louisiana residency and be U.S. citizens or legal residents.
- The company must have fewer than 50 full-time employees (there is no minimum requirement).
- Average annual gross receipts should not exceed $5 million for non-construction and $10 million for construction companies.
- The business must be independently owned and operated.
- The business must not be dominant in its professional field.
- To maintain your qualification, you must submit annual updates through ledsmallbiz.com.
How to Become Certified
Here are the steps a small business owner must take to be certified through the Louisiana’s Hudson Initiative:
- Complete the online application at ledsmallbiz.com. LED reviews applications within two business days and will send an email notification on your application status.
- If approved, register as a vendor with the Louisiana Office of State Purchasing to begin receiving email notifications about purchasing and contracting opportunities.